Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

"four Ps of marketing: product, price, place, and promotion"(pg. 13 Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation)
Apple has always done a good job marketing its product. From the first Iphone to the most current iphone it still amazes how Apple can sell (even sell out!) Iphones. Apple is one of those companies that has the 4 p’s down to the period.
When I was young, getting a cell phone was something I had to get for myself. I had to work a part time job to have a cell phone and at the same time go to school, high school. I went to a somewhat rich kid school. I had classes with kids whose parents took care of them and babied them all their life, in other words, more fortunate than me. Now I’m not ranking on my parents because they did support me whenever they could and I will say this, I wouldn’t be who I am today if it weren’t for them (I know, cliché isn’t it). When I got my first phone I about 16 and my service provider was T-mobile. Little did I know that T-mobile was not going to have the iphone we have today. Point being even though I had to work for my cell phone Apple still got my attention with the first ipod to the shuffle to Itough and on and on and on. Apple knows how to display their product. Apple knows how to price it to be competitive with other products out there. Apple knows where to place their add and commercial dollars to make good use of them. And they know how to promote their product. Now Im not going to say that Apple has the best to offer in the digital age but I have yet to be interested in anything else to even consider using.
Apple has embraced the power of the 4 p’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment