Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week 5 EOC: Social Networks and Job Hunting

"People love talking about things that make them happy—including their favorite products and brands.
 "(pg. 143, Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation) I know I do. When people ask me about my car I talk about it as if it were an extension of my arm. I know my car like the back of my hand and when people start to question things like mpg I can tell them an answer on the spot. If I could be a brand ambassador for Nissan I would take the job on the spot if it meant driving the latest Z. "Marketers select their brand ambassadors very carefully, based on customers’ devotion to a brand and the size of their social circles." (pg. 143, Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation). I consider myself to be very outspoken and I believe I could be a good brand ambassador. I work in the hospitality industry so I speak to a lot of people in one day that are travelling from all over the world. If talk to 10 guests and then those 10 guests try out the brand I am representing and like it then that means that they will do the same and tell others about it. Eventually my impact will make profit for the brand I am representing. "Facebook's use as a job-recruitment tool remains small, but its appeal may be growing." (Recruiters Troll Facebook for Candidates They Like) Facebook will succeed in the job recruiting spectrum. Everything they touch becomes a gold mine! Their main advantage is their "750-million-plus user base" which helps them make networks inside this social network we call Facebook. One day I may be looking for a job on Facebook on networks where only web developers belong to.

No comments:

Post a Comment